Thursday, October 16, 2008

Judge Wingate? Hello?

Everyone in Judge Thomas Wingate's office appears to be taking a late lunch in a bizarre twist on Gov. Steve Beshear's internet domain seizure case.

It is an odd challenge for Judge Wingate, and might even explain a couple of martini's at the local watering hole on a Thursday afternoon for a staff that was reduced to calling media yesterday and explaining that his ruling couldn't be released on schedule because of a computer glitch.

I don't think I've ever had so much fun being lied to by a public official.

If Judge Wingate goes against the Governor, I guess he may face some kind of retribution. And if he goes against common sense and the Constitution, well, you know.

Stay tuned. I'll update when they call me back after "lunch."

4:20 pm UPDATE: Looks like lunch is over and the judge decided to stick with Gov. Beshear. Appeal is a dead certainty.

No comments: