Monday, August 16, 2010

New school district check registers available

By way of Operation: Open Records 2010 we have posted some new school district check registers.  These check registers are available on our sortable database where you can search for expenses in fiscal year 2010 by date, amount, description of expense, etc...

Recently added:

Glance through these expenses, it is your tax money anyway.  This is one expense in the Laurel County Schools check register I found that I have questions about...
It could be completely legitimate but when I see numbers like this spent at a hotel by a school district spread out over the course of a year, I think we owe it to ourselves to keep an eye on it.  I mean come on, $16,300.43 is a lot of money in hotels especially when you consider that this is just one of the hotels on the list.  There are others in the check register.

What do you think?

No comments: